👩🎓🍃💻 Are you a student in the field of business looking to gain experience in a dynamic tech start-up?
At Seita Energy Flexibility, we work on a crucial part of climate tech infrastructure. To completely convert to renewable energy, scheduling flexible assets like batteries and heat pumps intelligently is needed across the world. We create FlexMeasures, an intelligent energy management system (EMS) for this in the open, and we offer it commercially in a software-as-a-service (SaaS) model.
Commercial open source companies are quite novel, but in recent years they are beginning to take center stage in the software world (e.g. MongoDB, Gitlab, Odoo).
Seita is a B2B company. We work for industry (flexible processes like centrifuges or heating) and for energy service companies active in the built environment (e.g. smart charging of electric vehicles).
We want to add more relationships with companies that are active in the energy transition, from which we get paid pilots and SaaS customers. In addition, we are part of several research proposals.
What do we offer you?
- Flexible working hours
- Intellectual and personal growth
- Opportunities to develop your professional career
- Chance to increase sustainability across the world
- Get introduced to the energy sector and the open source software proposition
- Being part of a growing tech startup, working directly with founders
What are we looking for?
Business Development Intern (part-time/full-time, up to 3 months)
We are looking for university or college students who want to be part of the creation of a novel, inspiring software product and leave their fingerprints. Our new team member should enjoy the interface between business model development and its implementation, and also be excited about doing things in novel and unprecedented ways (for instance: challenging the way energy is handled day-to-day and selling an open source proposition). Moreover, a strong hands-on mentality is required to actively contribute personal ideas.
We are a small team with a focus on individual responsibility and rapid development. If you are a self-motivated and skilled student with an interest in the development of novel online platforms, we want to talk to you.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship.
Scope of activities:
- Help to improve our marketing & communication materials (e.g. WordPress website).
- Work on our sales funnel (identifying and contacting potential customers). Ability to include some cold contacting is great, but we can limit it.
- Collaboratively (with the co-founders) iterate on marketing strategies and positioning.
- Interview customers on their needs and feed this back to product development.
- Help to grow the community around our open source technology.
- Support the team in proposal writing.
Skills & Requirements
- Affinity with the giant task and opportunity we face in the energy transition.
- Affinity for digital products like SaaS.
- Sense of individual responsibility and self-learning dedication.
- Excellent communication skills – in communication with people and when structurally expressing findings.
- A true team player mentality.
- Fluency in English. Any other language is a big plus, especially Dutch and German. However, energy is everywhere!
- Ability to work in a timezone close to CET.
At Seita, we believe in diversity and therefore welcome all applicants regardless of gender, background, sexual orientation or beliefs.