👩🎓🍃💻 Are you a looking to turn your data & programming skills into clean-tech impact within a dynamic tech start-up?
We are looking for a junior/mid-level data engineer to help us launch a cutting-edge cleantech solution.
We are an open-source software startup in The Netherlands, working on CO₂-reducing cloud software. Our FlexMeasures- platform and its code are open for everyone. Our mission is to speed up the energy transition with smart software, across sectors and the world, as fast as possible.
Sadly, we cannot sponsor visas at this time. You will learn with and from us. You will contribute code to open source projects.
Seita is a B2B company. We work for industry (flexible processes like centrifuges or heating) and for energy service companies active in the built environment (e.g. smart charging of electric vehicles). This particular position will begin with a new proposition in the built environment.
What do we offer you?
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to develop your professional career (and publish open source code)
- Chance to increase sustainability across the world
- Being part of a growing tech startup, working directly with founders
What are we looking for?
For an exciting new project, we are looking for a new team member. We are developing a new service with partnering startups in the built environment. Our novel solution can enable serial renovation of thousands of apartments.
- You will work with us on the energy model and the algorithm, which will run multiple times per day to solve for optimal heating control.
- We want to involve you in joint design and requirements sessions with partners, so the best innovation path is found. We want your help in documenting this journey. For both of these, Dutch would be a huge plus.
- We will implement a home energy management system in this project, where you will help develop features in both FlexMeasures (cloud) and the local solution (in the HomeAssistant environment).
In general, we expect a Masters-degree level of education in a relevant field. Bachelor’s education might be possible through very relevant and demonstrable work experience.
- Some experience in Python – programming real-world, dependable software is a key task
- Experience with time series data
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Fluency in English. Any other language is a big plus, especially Dutch and German. However, energy is everywhere!
- Ability to work in a timezone close to CET.
- Work permit in EU / Ukraine
More detailed skill list:
- Python (Programming Language)
- Energy Modeling
- Linear Programming
- Pandas (Software)
- REST APIs
- Excellent written communication skills
At Seita, we believe in diversity and therefore welcome all applicants regardless of gender, background, sexual orientation or beliefs.